We use your support to directly help families in need.
Families are referred to Angels Among Us through the social work offices at Children's Hospital & Medical Center and Nebraska Medicine who are identified as having a financial need. Families then go through an application process to determine the most critical need. Financial support of up to $500 per month (up to one year or $6,000 beginning in 2017) is paid directly to the company identified by the family where they would like help. This ensures that your donations are used responsibly.
Our mission is to reduce financial burdens on the family as much as possible so that they can focus on their child. Over the last ten years, Angels Among Us has helped over 300 families paying out over $1,250,000. Below is a list of some of our families most stressful situations we have been able to help with.
- Rent and mortgage payments so kids have a home to go home to after treatments
- Auto payments, insurance, and repairs so families can get to and from work and hospital appointments
- Electric, gas, sewer, water to keep the lights on and the water running
- Phone and internet so families can stay connected to their support systems
- Medical bills and prescriptions to keep treatments going
- Day-care so everyone has a place to go.
Sometimes, a family faces their worst fears and we assist with funeral expenses.